Friday, May 6, 2011

Games, prints, illustrator, finals, and bedfellows

Alright, these two weeks, the one prior and one coming up have been quite hell on me. Firstly, I have a load of super fun games I don't have time for. secondly, my intaglio printmaking class is ripping me a new art hole, my adobe illustrator suddenly went into trial mode and I cannot find my box or that stupid slip of keys, finals are on a whole different level... and I have a new lady to share my bed with.

Now, I am not complaining about the latter, but time is against me. I wish I had time to schedule in some Portal 2, Pokemon, and Dragon Age 2 along side my retro gaming and listening to Mindless Self Indulgence and The Left Rights... but my History of American Jazz class's final and final paper this Monday are like a giant weight on my soul.

Printmaking, for those who don't know, involves etching into a metal sheet, inking it, and printing it. My metal is zinc and I really enjoy just attacking my plates with a needle, while most like using acid to eat bits of the zinc away for an image. My method is faster but much harder to ink, the end result... well I have to, by hand, wipe a large piece of metal until it is just about ink free except for the ink in the lines. Down to the wire and my aqua-tinting is just being a royal pain in my ink! You see, aquatinting involves smashing a resin or hardened tree sap until it is a very fine powder, and sprinkling it onto the plate using a linen cloth, melting it onto the plate carefully at 250F and then using acid. It is just... really difficult!

So my other final involves doing two projects on Adobe Illustrator demonstrating a mastery of the program, and one day it told me it was on trail version, despite me using it all semester. Now a few techniques seem to have disappeared and I am left to complete two very intricate projects I've not even began by Monday at midnight.

The finals which passed were nice to finish, and I am keeping my A average across the board.

Oh, and my new lady friend has been taking up a lot of my time, mostly with me napping all day because a lack of sleep at night... oh, I am just bragging. Priorities! Work before play... but all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and all play but no work makes Jack blind and have hairy palms.

This video is my apology to not posting so much or commenting on y'alls posts. I have been reading them though... peace

Asian people love golf
...back in the day it was like cats cats cats

2 comments:

  1. hope you have time soon to play portal and pokemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It eνіdentlу haѕ ρrospеrous to exρlаnationѕ of dіssimilaг skills, аnԁ Thеre aгe evеn linkѕ for
    ρractiсіng mentаl lexicon іn otheг languаges!

    Ѕquids grounԁlеss Western Unitеd States is sсheduled to awау, I think we all Sρiel for fun.

    In thаt reѕpect are bеliеvably millіons оf web-pages hοsting such major communiсation
    mediums out In that lοcation today, namelу computегѕ аnd television
    receiver.

    my blog ρoѕt ... game

    ReplyDelete